Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas Decor


We got our tree decorated! 
    The kids have actually been pretty good at leaving everything alone.





I thought it would be a good idea to put these tiny little present ornaments on the tree but, as it turned out, they were far too tempting.  I tried to explain to Aidan and Ember that they weren't really presents just decorations.  I think Aidan understood but, Ember just kept unwrapping them.  After, Aidan realized Ember wasn't getting in trouble.  He went to town unwrapping as well.  So, within a matter of minutes, all we had was this!  Oh well, lesson learned.















2 comments:

Whitney said...

What a good idea. We debated about what should be done with Gabe being a total monster when it comes to getting into things he is not supposed to. The breakables went on the top half and so far he hasn't done nearly as much damage as I thought he would. Mostly he just points and makes funny faces. It is cute. And, on the pretend present front, Matisse did something similar only with a Christmas decoration that is as old as I am that my mom let me have. I felt just horrible! It is just too tempting because something great just might be in there!

Lisa Moore said...

That's a great idea! I have a lot of stuffed snowmen ornaments but I need to get some plastic balls instead of glass. Our tree looks pretty ridiculous right now and half the ornaments are spread around the living room floor. And all the wrapped presents are safely sitting in the closet. Oh well, kids are better than a pretty Christmas tree!