Sunday, December 7, 2008

Simplify

We had a terrific lesson in Relief Society today about simplifying our lives.  I think the title of the lesson was something like..."simplifying our lives can bring spiritual happiness."  When I read the title on the board my first thoughts were how true that is in my life.  I know that my life is often quite full of chaos amidst 3 kids under age 4.  Every time I feel myself getting overwhelmed by the goings on I try to evaluate what it is that is really stressing me out and 9 times out of 10 it is my need to slow down and enjoy my life.
I know that this is a really easy concept but, somehow I find myself struggling with it over and over.  That is probably why I liked this lesson so much.  I love when something I feel to be true is validated and elaborated upon by apostles and prophets. I am always so amazed at the truthfulness of the gospel in its many facets.  The Gospel of Jesus Christ is so simple yet, so complex.  Leaving me eons to understand it all.  Yet, with each new insight the more sure I become of its surety.
That being said I felt truly inspired to take a look at my life and see how I might better alleviate some of the madness that occurs in my life.  One aspect the lesson focused on was finances.  It was really nice to put into perspective my financial situation.  And really made me realize how important it is to live within your means.  In the midst of this economic crisis this idea rings truer then ever.  It made me realize how grateful I am for the goals Tony and I have reached in paying off debt and for the blessing it is that I have been able to stay home with my babies.

1 comment:

Lisa Moore said...

Was that Elder Perry's talk from the last conference? If so, I taught on that a month ago. I loved that talk! One of my very favorites.