Saturday, January 17, 2009

Lil' Helpers


     I was making Waffles today when my sweet kids asked if they could help.  They love to push the bar stools up to the stove and watch all the meal preparations.  They actually quite like watching water boil...go figure.
     We started measuring all the ingredients when Aidan asked if he could crack the egg.  I thought for a minute.  I asked him, "Do you know how to crack the egg?"  He assured me he did.  I am sure this makes me sound like a pretty out-of-it mom but, in my defence, he has helped my mom and sister cook quite a bit.  And they are both much braver then I am.  So I asked again, "Are you sure you know how to crack an egg?"
"I really do." he responds  I then think I recall my sister telling me all about him helping her crack eggs.  So...I handed him the egg.  Which he promptly smashed onto the stove.  Oops.  I guess he didn't exactly know what he was doing.

4 comments:

Julia M. said...

He cracked the egg, all right! Thanks for posting a picture of cute Aiden. What fun children you have.

Debra said...

well heidi you didn't ask if he knew how to do it carefully. lol

Jyll said...

If he tells you he is really good and peeling hard-boiled eggs...he is telling the truth. He is quite delicate at it. And f.y.i. (a little late, I know) usually, I crack the egg, take the top off and he gets to pour it in the bowl.

Amanda said...

Can I just say I freakin love your blog?!! I just love the stories you tell, and this one about cracking an egg is CRACKIN me up!! The sweet tooth, making me crave chik-fi-la, getting up on christmas morning... the car wash! I am staying tuned:)