Saturday, January 31, 2009

I love to see the temple.


     We were able to go as a family to the open house for the Draper Temple.  In preparation for this event, we talked to the kids about the sacredness of the Temple.  We told them a little about the ordinances that are preformed there.  We told them that you can be married there and that that is where Mommy and Daddy were sealed.
     When we got to the church where you park, we went inside to watch the movie which has been prepared for the open house.  During the movie Aidan said, "Mom that's what you talked to me about.  Being Sealed."  I was so excited to hear that he had really listened.
We took the bus to the Temple grounds and then walked through the tunnel to get inside.  Just after we walked through the door, I leaned down and asked Aidan if he was excited to be in the Temple.  With a big grin he replied, "Yes.  Am I married now?"  I could even answer.   So cute and SO funny.
    The first real room we got to see was the baptismal font.  Of course, the kids loved seeing the water.  Grandma Dressen had to be sure she had a really good grip as we walked by the opening into the water...just in case.  Ember also loved the cows that held up the font.
     From the time we parked until the time we got back to our car was 2 1/2 hours.  To my amazement. the kids we so good.  No melt downs at all.  Aidan did get a little better tour then the rest of us on his way the the restroom.
     Embers favorite room was the brides dressing room.  She just lit up when she saw all the sparkly stuff.  I asked Aidan what his favorite part of the night was and he said it was the cookies at the end.  So I asked his 2nd favorite.  It was the bus ride.  I know he enjoyed himself.  He was being extra sweet and loving through the tour.
   What a wonderful experience for our family.  A truly wonderful day!

1 comment:

Debra said...

we are going as a family in march. I hope it will be as wonderful of an experience for us :)