Friday, January 16, 2009

Sweet tooth


My little Ember has quite the sweet tooth. She has an uncanny knack for finding candy in the best of hiding places. No counter is too high, no cabinet too deep. She will search out any sweet little morsel with in her reach. Despite our fairly strict rule of "ask first", she has found herself on most occasions, unable to do so. There is something so mysterious and so wonderful about the shiny wrapper that makes asking nearly impossible.
So we come to yesterday at the Dr's office (I had taken Eden in to get checked and was almost sure she had pink eye. Man, I hate being right. But, she also has an ear infection and a sinus infection too! Poor sweet little thing! She has actually been a real trooper despite her woes) and as I am trying to get the run down from her doctor my other sweet children and their cousin Zack (who had come over to play) were trying their hardest to make listening impossible. The boys had climbed up into the window sill and Ember was rummaging through my purse. In the corner of my eye, I catch a glimpse of Ember unwrap some sort of candy, put it in her mouth and then quickly pull it out with a look of disgust. This catches my attention so I turn to she what she had found. It was my little o.b. tampon! Aah! I hurried and grabbed it out of her hand shoved it into my pocket and prayed the doctor did not just witness what I did.
See sweetie, this is why you should always...Ask first.

3 comments:

Whitney said...

Oh my gosh, that is so funny!

Keri Hennefer said...

That is so funny! But I bet she still tries to steal candy without asking, at least my kids would, they like to test test test! Hey I am still coming up to WJ, either next week or the last week in January. I'll let you tomorrow for sure!

Julia M. said...

Be sure you tell her about this when she gets older! It's too funny! Can you post some more pictures of your kids? They are too cute!