Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Motherhood...a thankless job


As most of you are entirely aware, being a mom is both amazing and seemingly thankless.  It seems like even with all the countless hours we spend with our little ones, no one seems to really notice when you are doing a good job.  Of course, when you loose it a little, everyone seems aware.  Well, I just wanted to blog this recent rare experience.  
I was at the grocery store with my 3 beautiful children.  I try to avoid shopping with my kids, however,  it is unavoidable.  I have 3 kids, the oldest is not quite 4 so, you can imagine that I often feel a bit like a circus side show.  My kids really are great but, sometimes they need help remembering that.  So, I am in line at the checkout when the guy next to me says, "Wow, I had to take 2 kids to the Doctors office today and I thought that was tough. You are..." I quickly interrupted him. "Insane?", I said.  "No I was going to say amazing."Ahhh I thought to myself, he just made my day.  It is funny how little things people say can make all the difference. Thank you whoever you are!

3 comments:

Anthony said...

What kind of worthless husband do you have to not appreciate the countless things you do to keep this family headed in the right direction? How can he not realize the dedication, patience, and sacrifice you exude daily through the chaos that is motherhood? And where is this scoundrel so that I may give him a swift kick in the pants!!!

Lisa Moore said...

I love when I run into those sympathetic people when I'm out with the kids! I used to be so aware of people staring at me hauling three kids around, but they've either stopped staring or I've gotten used to it. You really are one of the best examples I've met as a mother though, so I thank you for that!

Explore & Grow said...

Ah, that was great! I love people like that!